Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Reinstalling Windows XP failure

Thread: Reinstalling Windows XP failure

Please help me. I purchased a Dell dimension computer and like an idiot tried reinstalling windows xp. Now my computer says it needs the windows xp home edition service pack 1 CD, I have a windows XP Home edition service pack 1a cd and when I install it I get a screen that says an error has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing. It also says setup failed to install the product catalog. This is a fatal error. Please help. Is there anyway to successfully reinstall windows XP. I also tired to install a windows XP professional service pack 2 CD and windows XP still does not load successfully.

I have never had a problem on re-installing a Dell machine, almost all we use here at work, so I am tyring to think of the first step. I am guess you have the green Windows XP disk that came with the machine? When you reformatted did you change any of the partitions?

Hmmm, have you dropped a line to Dell just to ask them if there was something that we might be missing? I know Compaq computers use to have a small partition on their machines that if you removed it would not load, but i did not think Dell's did this.

For the Error message check http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=823303 and see if that helps on the catalog error.

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |