Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Setting up ftp access on Server 2003 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting up ftp access on Server 2003

When you change the ports on the server what error message is the user getting? Are they making sure their client machine is trying to connect to that same port number or are they just loggin in default?

trival and I am sure it has been checked, but recheck the firewalls to ensure the FTP port you are now using is opened up on your and make sure no firewall on the client machines are blocking the port.

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |

Well.....

I have a guinea pig, and he is able to get in and see everything. He can also create new folders to my dismay. Even if I limit his permissions to read only, he can still create folders.

I won't take up more of your time..... I'll figure it out eventually

Hmmm, he has a Windows login and all security is setup on the folder itself for read only?

In IIS you can right click on the site and give it permissions as well. Permissions can be a pain in the butt to figure out sometimes

RickDev

|
    |

Permissions are indeed making me crazy, but there's no better way to learn!

I had his permissions set to read, and the ftp users group set to read.

I'm thinking of starting from scratch, and going slowly. Any suggestions as to users and groups on the local machine rather than a domain..... I guess I coujld set everything to read only and then test, add write and then test, etc.....

to learn it is a good way to go. Start with local accounts and permissions, once that is nailed down then move to the domain accounts. Not a big difference.

RickDev

|
    |

I was giving the RRAS a try, and users were able to connect via VPN, but unable to view my shared folder. I was able to get one person to view it by IP once inside my LAN
    [snapback]6262[/snapback]
    Sounds like NetBIOS isn't going through your router. To allow NetBIOS through your router you must open up ports 137, 138, and 139. I can't remember which two are TCP and which one is UDP, so just open both, or do a google.