Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth keyboard & Mouse.....

Hello everyone. I wonder if you can help me out with a problem of mine that is driving me nuts?

I have a 'Microsoft intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth' and a 'Microsoft Keyboard Elite for Bluetooth'. I have installed them correctly and the PC seems to recognise the bluetooth connection. But the problem is, I just can't get my PC to use the new keyboard and mouse!

I know the keyboard works because after I have installed it, I am asked to input a passkey, which it does no problem at all.

Do I have to tell my computer to stop using my old PS2 keyboard and mouse? If so, how?

Thankyou in advance.

No, you do not have to tell it to stop using them, unplugging them should be enough.

Have you installed the latest drivers for them? Maybe leave the old mouse plugged in and try the keyboard first. Once you ahve it installed make sure it has a strong signal in the little application it came with.

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

Florida Web Design | Online Geek Hangout | Office Pranks and Humor

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I have tried everything. I've unplugged my PS/2 mouse and nothing happened, tried keyboard and nothing happened. The signal is fine. I just don't know what else to try.

When I go into control panel and click on 'mouse', I can see a picture of the new mouse and you can choose various set-up options, but it still states that the mouse is plugged into the PS/2 port. It just won't use the new mouse and keyboard for some strange reason.

Hmm, you can go into the device manager and remove the old mouse from there is a set. I have the same mouse and keyboard and work and have installed it at another location as well with no real big problems.

Click the button on the base and then the channel button on the keyboad, does the lights stop flashing? All this does as you may already know is change the channel it is operating on incase something around is interfereing.

RickDev

Yes, the light does stop flashing when I push the button. I've tried installing it a few times now and I'm not having any luck at all.

You say you have the same mouse and keyboard? When you installed it, did it work straight away? And also, did you have PS/2 connections before that or USB?

When I bring up 'Bluetooth devices' from the control panel the keyboard stays in the list but the mouse keeps disappearing. I locate the mouse again and everything seems OK, but when I close down and then open 'Bluetooth devices' again - it has gone!

I may have to try and install it on my friends PC to see if I have any luck there.

The first one is on a laptop and the other on a computer that had only USB connections. I had problems with the mouse disappearing a few times, I ended up switching to another Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse.

Starting to run out of ideas now
    RickDev

Yep, I'm out of ideas too. Don't worry though and thanks for the replies. I'm beginning to think that it just doesn't work. I can't see any other reason why it would be so much hassle to install.

I'm going to try it on another PC to see if it works on that.

Advisor
    I had a brand new Logitech MX700 set that acted in almost the same way and some times just plain didn't work...it turned out to be the set (mouse and Key board) took it back, got another one and shazam it worked fine...but thinking back it probably was the reciever that was goofy...

Associate
    Is the USB legacy, and/or usb keyboard support enabled in the BIOS? that can effect the usefulnes of the usb/bluetooth devices. Just a thought worth thinking about.

Yeah, I tried that. All USB options in the bios are enabled.

I've been searching the internet for a while now and I've come across a few posts that are the same as mine, but there never seems to be a conclusion. If the keyboard can type in the passkey then it must work, but I may try to return it. Actually, I'm not sure if I can take it back now as I've had it for nearly 2 months.

My friend uses a bluetooth mouse and keyboard combo and I'm going to test mine on his PC when I get the chance. If it works, then I guess my set-up must be wrong. But if it doesn't then that's an expensive birthday present going in the bin.