Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Cable connection

Thread: Cable connection

Mentor

Cable connection

I have a splitter for my cable feed. Two of the "outs" are -7dB and one is -3.5db.

which should I connect to my modem?

To be honest, I don't think it matters. But I would connect to the higher one as it is.

If you have problems with your connection after that, try the other one......

Shouldn't be a difference on either, your modem will bottleneck b4 using either will make a real difference. both readings are in the norm.

Mentor

Cable connection

Ta.

Mentor

Cable sux try wireless?

Charter isn't doing well here (nobody is) so I am looking at that Verizon Wireless Broadband. Here are my concerns:

1. You have to buy a card. Its for the pcimceieio slot and it would need drivers, no? If so, do we have Open-Source drivers?

2. Could I use one machine as a server and run others through it?

3. Its a tad expensive, $59 per month (Katrina special) on a 2 year contract, has anyone tried/heard of the performance? Reliability? Pros? Cons?

4. Should Fatal try sky-diving?

You could setup a dhcp server on a windows box.
    here's some apps http://www.brothersoft.com/dhcp-server.html

That is the worst internet deal I have ever heard of though.
    especially with the 2 year contract in an area where people are likely to relocate. I would rather be on dialup then support that type of heartless capitalism.

btw go for the sky diving. a coworker of mine did it and loved it.

Wireless is a real bitch to set up with Linux. Nothing beats a good ol' connection VIA lan, and the speed is better too. I am in backward Australia, and our broadband is ADSL 512/128, and I am really happy with it, especially on Linux.

One of the main reasons why some people don't head over to linux is because they have problems with their wireless setups, dont be one of them!

Oh, we just got ADSL 2 here, and apparently the connection is 24mbs per second, so I might head over to that when it becomes available in my area!
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+