Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

SPP Search

Thread: SPP Search

I would like to know if SPP is capable of searching for documents residing on other File servers on the LAN and across the WAN! I have read many documentations on MS web sites and other postings related to SPP capability to index and search but nothing mentioned if it is capable of indexing and searching for files(documents) located on File servers.

Thanks in advance...
    ZK

Originally posted by zekebashi@Jun 21 2006, 03:13 PM
    I would like to know if SPP is capable of searching for documents residing on other File servers on the LAN and across the WAN! I have read many documentations on MS web sites and other postings related to SPP capability to index and search but nothing mentioned if it is capable of indexing and searching for files(documents) located on File servers.

Thanks in advance...
    ZK
    [snapback]6070[/snapback]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think I found the answer and would like to share it with anyone that might have the same inquiry.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn.../c2261881x.mspx

SharePoint Portal Server accomplishes this through the crawling and indexing features?features that enable us to extract data from external sources of content (called content sources) and then place that extracted data in text files (that cannot be edited) that can be searched with the results displayed in a result set. Therefore, by simply crawling and indexing information, you can greatly expand the usefulness of the portal site in assisting users when they need to find information quickly and easily.

Thanks fors posting you answer, I am sure it will help someone out down the road!

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |