Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

EU says internet could fall apart

Thread: EU says internet could fall apart

EU says internet could fall apart

"The battle for the control of the internet could hit a climax next month, with the EU saying that it could 'fall apart.' From the article: 'The European commission is warning that if a deal cannot be reached at a meeting in Tunisia next month the internet will split apart. At issue is the role of the US government in overseeing the internet's address structure, called the domain name system (DNS), which enables communication between the world's computers. It is managed by the California-based, not-for-profit Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (Icann) under contract to the US department of commerce.'"

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/new...589967,00.html

w00t!!

EU -- Shouldn't that be PU?

They (EU) may say it will fall apart but I don't see how the web could be severed without cuting cables in the oceans and shooting down the satalites do you? We would talk to someone in Asia and they would still be talking to the EU cause they're not on this side of the pond.
    Everything I learn gives me another way to say \"OOPS!\" :oops:

Mentor

Death of the Internets?

Anarchy is good!