Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
DOS print Q for XP

Thread: DOS print Q for XP

We have an old DOS-based print queuing program that we need to port to Windows. The conversion is necessary because we have a very large DOS based business application that must work under Windows 2000 or XP. The business application prints directly to LPT1, LPT2, or LPT3, and unfortunately we cannot convert it to use windows printing because it is too large to rewrite and incorporates too many 16 bit libraries to convert. By itself, the business application works except it prints directly to printers mapped to LPT1/2/3 since the queuing program we use is not W2K compliant. The queuing program would normally capture the data bound for these printer ports so that we can print them from other locations, write them to files, put online, etc.
    The problem is that we don?t know how to intercept files bound for the standard printer ports. For example, if we were to type:
    echo Hello > lpt1
    at a command prompt in Windows 2000, we?d want the new queuing application to intercept this stream so that we print the statement on any HP printer we want later (our business application only uses HP PCL when printing to a printer port). Same thing if we do an fprintf to the printer port from the business application.
    Is there an easy way to do this?

Wow, ok, well first off welcome to our forum. big problem to start out with

Your printer queuing program, what are you planning on writing the new one in? I did a quick search and I kept getting a program called Print Distributor, but this sounds more like it just grabs all print jobs on windows platforms, did not see anything for the DOS side so far. I will keep looking.

if you are programing the interface yourself in .NET, try the following forum and they may know a way to grab the DOS based jobs.

http://www.dotnetforums.net/

Sorry I could be of no help.
    RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |