Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Contact Re-Design

Thread: Contact Re-Design

I sure coud use some help! What I am trying to do is in the Contact Section, I want to add another page for more information, to come right after the first page and the details. I am setting this up for a church to list out areas of volunteering in the music dept. Everything from singers to instruments to working the sound and PowerPoint What I tired to do was go into the design form area, click on the p2 tab at the top, create all of the fields I wanted and then tried to publish it so it would start showing up on all the Contact information. Problem is, I do that and safe it and I am still not seeing this information, even tho it says it is there. So what am I doing wrong and am I really doing in tihs in the right program. I figured Outlook was where it needed to be, because I need to email the members as well as keep of list of their times to play on what Sunday of the month.
    Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Kevin

(Researching) Let me see what I can find out.
    RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |

Originally posted by RickDev@Apr 26 2006, 11:43 AM
    (Researching) Let me see what I can find out.
    [snapback]5784[/snapback]
    Thanks Rick, here is some more information.
    First, I copied the contact form and renamed it Praise Team.
    After I did that, I opened it, went to design this form, went to page two, saved the heading as Ministry, instead of P.2 and then I created the fields under the user defined and dragged and dropped them in the location and order I wanted. Then I went to published form and it saved it. However, when I try to exit out of it, it says did want to put a name in there as if I was trying to save ONE contact. I say no. When I am done, there is a blank square in the contact area, and I click on that and open it and there is the new page and fields I created. But if I try to start a new contact, the page and fields are not there. There as got to be some way to save this so that ALL contacts will have this information. :blink:
    Thanks for your help.
    Kevin

Ok, this is what I did.

Tools --> Forms -- Design a form in the look in drop down I choose the contact form. It opened in design mode, in the p.2 I made a field and then I clicked the publish form and saved it under the contact section in the drop down as test. When closing the form I said no to any save dialog.

Then to use that form I went to File --> New --> Choose for, and selected the new form. I filled in a contact and saved it.

When you look under your contact folder you will see the contact, but on the left it will look like a note icon. This was done in outlook 2003. For others to use this form you can publish the form to a public folder.

Let me know what I did not answer, am I off the mark or what I have had a busy week and may have mis-under stood the question.

RickDev

|
    |

Originally posted by RickDev@Apr 27 2006, 08:05 AM
    Ok, this is what I did.

Tools --> Forms -- Design a form in the look in drop down I choose the contact form. It opened in design mode, in the p.2 I made a field and then I clicked the publish form and saved it under the contact section in the drop down as test. When closing the form I said no to any save dialog.

Then to use that form I went to File --> New --> Choose for, and selected the new form. I filled in a contact and saved it.

When you look under your contact folder you will see the contact, but on the left it will look like a note icon. This was done in outlook 2003. For others to use this form you can publish the form to a public folder.

Let me know what I did not answer, am I off the mark or what I have had a busy week and may have mis-under stood the question.
    [snapback]5786[/snapback]

I did that Rick and it looks like that did it. Thanks...

Anytime!
    RickDev

|
    |

Originally posted by RickDev@Apr 28 2006, 07:53 AM
    Anytime!
    [snapback]5789[/snapback]
    Now, here is another question. Is there anyway I can make this easier to get to without going thru all the steps. For me to access this now, I have to go -
    File / New / Choose Form/ Look In; Contacts/ Ministry (that is what I called the form.)

Is there anyway to make this a special contact? Right now I have Contacts/ Accounts in BCM / Business Contacts.

Any Suggests would be great.

Kevin