Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help! Stuck at Invalid System Disk

Thread: Help! Stuck at Invalid System Disk

I have a Dynatop 2000 using Windows 2000 (originally, I believe that it had Windows 98-then upgraded). I am getting a message saying "Invalid system disk. Replace the disk, and then press any key." I tried to put in the "Dynatop 2000 Product Recovery CD Rom" and the drive seems to read it, but when I press "any key" nothing happens. Is this the disk they mean?

In my two day research (so far), I read that this version of Windows does not have DOS. I tried to get DOS to come up anyway, but to no avail. The more I read, the more lost I become. I'm a computer operator, not an IT person. So although I'm learning, I'm way behind on my knowledge of these things.

I have all the disks that the person I purchased it from gave me, but none seem to work.

I think the problem started because the hard drive was almost full and the only way that I was able to get anything on my blank screen was to ctrl+alt+del. In the meantime, I read something that said that I should partition my hard drive (maybe I read it wrong?), so I did that, then got the above message and now, no matter what I seem to do, the above screen comes up and although I have a blinking cursor, nothing moves it. At this point, I'm dead in the water. I've decided that I had better stop reading and ask some questions.

Is this problem with the Toshiba or the hard drive? Please help! Thank you. Grace

Associate
    Originally posted by allme637@Mar 21 2006, 06:57 AM
    I have a Dynatop 2000 using Windows 2000 (originally, I believe that it had Windows 98-then upgraded).? I am getting a message saying "Invalid system disk.? Replace the disk, and then press any key."? I tried to put in the "Dynatop 2000 Product Recovery CD Rom" and the drive seems to read it, but when I press "any key" nothing happens.? Is this the disk they mean??

In my two day research (so far), I read that this version of Windows does not have DOS.? I tried to get DOS to come up anyway, but to no avail.? The more I read, the more lost I become.? I'm a computer operator, not an IT person.? So although I'm learning, I'm way behind on my knowledge of these things.

I have all the disks that the person I purchased it from gave me, but none seem to work.?

I think the problem started because the hard drive was almost full and the only way that I was able to get anything on my blank screen was to ctrl+alt+del.? In the meantime, I read something that said that I should partition my hard drive (maybe I read it wrong?), so I did that, then got the above message and now, no matter what I seem to do, the above screen comes up and although I have a blinking cursor, nothing moves it.? At this point, I'm dead in the water.? I've decided that I had better stop reading and ask some questions.?

Is this problem with the Toshiba or the hard drive?? Please help!? Thank you.? Grace
    [snapback]5705[/snapback]
    Invalid system disk, usually would indicate the pc is set to boot from floppy disc drive first, if so, a non bootable disc in the floppy disc drive would cause this error, so remove all discs from all drives, especially the floppy disc drive, then try to boot again

Originally posted by Warrior@Mar 22 2006, 01:53 PM
    Invalid system disk, usually would indicate the pc is set to boot from floppy disc drive first, if so, a non bootable disc in the floppy disc drive would cause this error, so remove all discs from all drives, especially the floppy disc drive, then try to boot again
    [snapback]5706[/snapback]
    I have done that and have had no luck. Have tried it - it seems - every way I could think of. Power all the way off, power swiched off, with, without disk. Am I missing something? Thanks for responding.

Associate
    Perhaps the MBR (master boot record) is corrupt, or missing, I think your only solution is going to be to re install the OS. How did you partition the hard drive?