Thread: IE7

I installed IE7 beta to try. I did not like it, but can' uninstall it! Help!

Originally posted by TheRaven@Mar 11 2006, 06:26 PM
    I installed IE7 beta to try. I did not like it, but can' uninstall it! Help!
    [snapback]5690[/snapback]

To uninstall IE 7 follow these instructions:

1. Go to the start menu

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Add/Remove programs

4. Click on IE 7 From the list

5. Click on Remove program

6. Follow UNinstall wizard instructions

Advisor
    With my experience, I had to use IE7 because after installing and unistalling it IE6 would not work worth a damn so I had to reinstall IE7 again...I've heard it before that if you download IE7 that you have to stick with IE7

Originally posted by Larry@Nov 17 2006, 03:04 AM
    ...I've heard it before that if you download IE7 that you have to stick with IE7
    [snapback]6757[/snapback]
    Nah, surely that can't be right. Besides, I know a few people who have reverted to IE6 no problems. I haven't because to be honest I like IE7's layout much better and its extra features like tabs.

However, I did downgrade my msn messenger from the new LIVE one back to good old 7.5!

Anyway my question is that if you remove IE7 from the CP then do you first have to download an alternative browser such as Firefox before being able to download IE6 or does it automatically download the previous version on your system. Because I was thinking you'd have to go to MS site to d/l IE6 again but can't without some browser.