Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

MS Streets & Trips 2006 problem

Thread: MS Streets & Trips 2006 problem

Hello... first post

I'm running Win XP Pro (SP2)

For some unknown reason (even to myself), I unistalled MS Streets & Trips 2006 through the Control Panel's Add or Remove Software function.

When I tried to reinstall it, it stops at:

Status dialog box: Installing Text-To-Speech Components.

Then I get this dialog box after a few seconds:

Please insert the disk: Setup Disk (Continue or Cancel)

When I click on Continue, the same dialog box pops up with the same message above. No CD/DVD drive activity is apparent.

I have tried to install it from my DVD drive with the same results.

I have rebooted and tried both drives with the same results.

I have even edited my registry to delete all references to MS Streets & Trips to no avail.

I think I have some type of an Administration problem regarding my drive aquisitions but not sure.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

I have spent some time this morning trying to find you an answer. I will check the MIcrosoft managed newsgroups and see if I can find an answer there.

One person on a forum had a problem close to yours but only said they fixed it, not how they did.

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |

Angry

Originally posted by RickDev@Mar 9 2006, 09:03 AM
    I have spent some time this morning trying to find you an answer. I will check the MIcrosoft managed newsgroups and see if I can find an answer there.

One person on a forum had a problem close to yours but only said they fixed it, not how they did.
    [snapback]5688[/snapback]
    Thanks for your time- I'm still trying to figure it out, short of reformatting my C drive and then re-linking my D drive to run my applications.

Well had an answer but I think they did not understand my question. They thought that you had not put the setup disk into the cd rom drive and had the 2nd cd in there instead. Still looking!
    RickDev

|
    |

I tried that anyway- I put the 2nd CD in just to see if it would work! I appreciate your time on this problem- I'm sure I've done something that I'm not aware of- just wish I knew what it was

Whatever it is, I'm sure others are interested in the answer!

I'll check back from time to time!

Thanks for your time

I will do what I can to help find an answer. Sometimes they just don't see to have an easy solution.
    RickDev

|
    |

Originally posted by RickDev@Mar 15 2006, 08:27 AM
    I will do what I can to help find an answer. Sometimes they just don't see to have an easy solution.
    [snapback]5698[/snapback]

Well, I solved my problem- Since my C drive was bloated anyway, I decided to reformat it. That of course, resolved the installation problem.

Of course, I spent part of my previous weekend reinstalling all of my applications on my D drive. But then, it was bloated as well and I kept only the programs I actually use, freeing up a ton of real estate on my drive.

Sure was a weird problem tho-

Thanks for trying to help- I appreciate it!

I have had the same issues before where a reinstall, as painful as it was, solved a ton of problems. Sorry we could not help you without having to reinstall.

RickDev

|
    |