Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

wifi connection

Thread: wifi connection

Hi,
    i bought a presario 2800 in march 2003, with a pci card from askey computer corporation, Model: 1456VQL1T(INT), and i would to know if it's possible to create a wireless lan with another computer (sony-vaio) that already has a wireless lan... if not what kind of hardware should i buy ? Should i buy a pc card, or should i replace my pci card ?

Thanks

If both cards have wireless you should be able to connect them in a LAN. Are you wanting to share the internet connection from on to another? Explain alittle more on what you are wanting to do please.
    RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |

Originally posted by RickDev@Feb 7 2006, 02:20 PM
    If both cards have wireless you should be able to connect them in a LAN. Are you wanting to share the internet connection from on to another? Explain alittle more on what you are wanting to do please.
    [snapback]5544[/snapback]

I just want to create an "ad-hoc" connection between the 2 computers, i know that the viao (bought on august 2005) has already a wifi-lan (it's actually written on it) but regarding the other computer which is a presario 2837AP bought on march 2003, with no pc card, but a pci Model: 1456VQL1T(INT), which is i think just a modem (56 Kbps V.9.2 Int & Ethernet LAN 10/100 Mbps Int), i don't know if the wifi was already installed on the computer, a friend told me that it was possible that this presario had a wifi-lan, while another one keeps telling me that in 2003, they were not selling computer with wifi-lan integrated yet, i tried but it was not working... and i live for the moment in a town where you don't find computers hardware easily...

Thanks.

Well, I am not sure if that computer is going to have a built in WIFI card. The year sounds about right. Newer laptops tend to have the option of a wireless card installed, but not all. I am leaning more to the 2nd friend that it probable does not have the card built in.

What OS are you using?
    Have you cheked device manager for anything saying wireless under network or other.

I guess cheating way to see would be to download and install NetStumbler on the PC in question. If it has wireless then the program will work, if not, it should say no wireless card found. It's a software package that looks for wireless access points.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools...tStumbler.shtml

Let me know!

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

|
    |