Thread: Administrator Account accidently deleted

[B]My 2 year old niece while playing at the computer managed to delete the administrators account on my compaq. She has her own account for puzzles and games but somehow managed to delete mine. Ive tried in safe mode, but the option to create a new account is not there. the option to turn her limited account isnt there to make it an admin account. Compaq basically just jerked me around for about 10 hours. Has anyone a solution for this problem. I seriously need some help. the files are all still in place I simply can not create a new Admin account and without it I cant restore, I cant install and I cant delete, I cant even burn a simple cd to back up files. without the admin account I am basically powerless and my main computer is unable to be much else than a game machine to a two year old. I would appreciate any imput on solving this dilema. I have work on there I just can not lose. HELPPPPPPPPPP
    thanks,
    John[B]

Originally posted by JohnK1969@Sep 11 2005, 09:51 PM
    [b][B]My 2 year old niece while playing at the computer managed to delete the administrators account on my compaq. She has her own account for puzzles and games but somehow managed to delete mine. Ive tried in safe mode, but the option to create a new account is not there. the option to turn her limited account isnt there to make it an admin account. Compaq basically just jerked me around for about 10 hours. Has anyone a solution for this problem. I seriously need some help. the files are all still in place I simply can not create a new Admin account and without it I cant restore, I cant install and I cant delete, I cant even burn a simple cd to back up files. without the admin account I am basically powerless and my main computer is unable to be much else than a game machine to a two year old. I would appreciate any imput on solving this dilema. I have work on there I just can not lose.* HELPPPPPPPPPP
    thanks,
    John
    [snapback]5387[/snapback]

Take a peek at this link and see if it helps

http://www.windows-questions.org/ftopic32924.html
    RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

Florida Web Design | Online Geek Hangout | Office Pranks and Humor

THANKS Rick I will check it out. I appreciate it. John
    Originally posted by RickDev@Sep 23 2005, 09:55 AM

[snapback]5414[/snapback]

rick, thank you. i did look at it. its not a password issue, the entire administrator account was deleted. i may have missed something on that link, if so let me know. what I need to be able is create a new admin account and thus far, that can not be done, even in safe mode. the option to create an account doesnt exist on the compaq. i my just lose it all and reinstall and reformat, because it wont even let me repair with admin rights... its a catch 22, but i will hold off a bit longer and see if there is a solution. thanks, rickdev I do appreciate it. if I did miss something please advise.[B]
    Originally posted by RickDev@Sep 23 2005, 09:55 AM

[snapback]5414[/snapback]