Thread: Messed Folders, Can someone Help?

Right, theres probably a really simple answer to this, but I dont know it, so I need ur help.

I have a couple of folders on my desktop that were created when I was extracting songs form my Ipod. the extraction was fine, but 3 of the folders are corrupt in some way. they show as having no size, I can not delete them, move them, alter the attributes, anything! I just want to get rid of them, but so far it looks like their staying. I have no idea what to do, can anyone help?

Thanks.

Associate
    Originally posted by Raikesy@Aug 11 2005, 01:55 PM
    Right, theres probably a really simple answer to this, but I dont know it, so I need ur help.

I have a couple of folders on my desktop that were created when I was extracting songs form my Ipod. the extraction was fine, but 3 of the folders are corrupt in some way. they show as having no size, I can not delete them, move them, alter the attributes, anything! I just want to get rid of them, but so far it looks like their staying. I have no idea what to do, can anyone help?

Thanks.
    [snapback]5294[/snapback]
    Have you tried booting to DOS with a boot disk, and deleting the offending folders from there?

Do you get any error messages when you try to delete the folders from within Windows?

Mentor
    I'd like to know if the iPod was connected when you attempted to delete the folders? If so, remove it and try again - might even wanna restart the computer to be safe.

Mentor
    I'd like to know if the iPod was connected when you attempted to delete the folders? If so, remove it and try again - might even wanna restart the computer to be safe.

Mentor

Mentor