Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Internet Explorer Problem

Thread: Internet Explorer Problem

Hello Everyone,
    Perhaps someone can give me some advice on why my Internet Explorer doesn't work. I usually use IE for my web-browsing and all of a sudden, it wouldn't display any web pages. I get the screen that says "This page cannot be displayed." The strange thing is that Mozilla Firefox works just fine and I am able to use Outlook to receive my email, so I know that my internet connection is active. I have done pretty much everything I can think of besides trying to re-install IE. Anyone have any suggestions? I have tried to connect in all the places where I usually get internet access (work and home) and have tried both wired and wireless connections. I have re-booted and have downloaded all of the updates for Internet Explorer as well as turned off the Windows firewall...

Here is what I'm running:
    Dell 700m
    Windows XP Home with SP2
    Pentium M 1.6GHz / 512 / 40gb
    Broadcom 440x ethernet adapter
    Dell WLAN 1350 wireless adapter

Thanks!

There are a couple of things we can look at. Open internet explorer and click on tools at the top, select internet options, select connections, click on lan settings, put a check mark i the box next to automatically detect settings. clicl OK and Ok. Next, open my computer and open my network places then click on shownetwork connections. Right click the local network icon and select properties. Highlight the Internet ProtocolTCP/IP and click on properties, Mark the box Obtain IP address automatically and mark Obtain DNS server address automatically click OK then OK and reboot and try Internet Explorer.

unrepper,
    Thanks for the advice, but I already tried both of those ideas. I cannot seem to find out what's wrong... I think that I'm just going to reformat my hard drive and start from scratch.

Originally posted by unrepper@Aug 5 2005, 06:35 AM
    There are a couple of things we can look at. Open internet explorer and click on tools at the top, select internet options, select connections, click on lan settings, put a check mark i the box next to automatically detect settings. clicl OK and Ok.* Next, open my computer and open my network places then click on shownetwork connections.* Right click the local network icon and select properties.* Highlight the* Internet ProtocolTCP/IP and click on properties,* Mark the box Obtain IP address automatically and mark Obtain DNS server address automatically click OK then OK and reboot and try Internet Explorer.
    [snapback]5283[/snapback]

I have XP-PRO and I am using IE for the most part.

For a few weeks I have had this problem where some pages (always the same ones, and others that most likely I am not aware of) will not open giving me the familiar message and instructions to go to Tools etc etc..

I have called my IP and we have gone through the steps together, all is well in that aspect. I have gone to the comment prompt and Pinged the sites that I am trying to access and I get the customery 4 answers (pings). I have gone to the MS site and registered the .DLLs in case there was such an issue. I have communicated with those sites via phone in case they had something that I was missing, I have rebooted countless times. I have no DNS errors. Security section on IE is okay, Hostfile is okay as well. Done it all!!

So, I tried with the Netscape browser thinking that IE had issues. I have the same problem.

What can possibly be wrong? My nerves!!!

Thanks for any reply.

PS. I appologize... I wrote this in another section before finding this post. Looks like I am not alone!!