Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Virtual Server in Production Environment

Thread: Virtual Server in Production Environment

We are just starting to use Virtual Server. Is it a good idea to use it in a production enviroment? I guess we are looking for pros and cons and interested in hearing others experiences with using the product. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Maria

My personal answer, no, do not use it for production. It is a very good devlopment and testing tool, but I would personally not use it as a production server. Say you had 2-3 virtual servers running mission critical applications. All that would have to happen is the main machine crash and now you lost 3 servers and not one. As much as hey are not suppoer to effect each other, would hate for one virtual setting to hang the rest of the machine.

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |

Ok, I will have to say I have been rethinking my orginal thought on this due to the fact I have been looking at using virtual servers but more on the backup side than anything. Such as secondary DNS server, DHCP server ect..

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

|
    |