Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Corrupt Folders

Thread: Corrupt Folders

Hi

I hope so hard that someone can help me out here. I have about 5 partitions on my hard disk. My C drive was for Win98 and the D - G was WinXP. REcently i wanted to upgrade Win98 on C:\ to WinXP and i upgraded it. When i returned back to my D:\, i found that many folders were corrupted. Its like they have been turned into files with URL extentions. I have lost some very important and sentimental work to this. Is there ANY WAY i can get my data back from those folders?

could you give me an example of the name on the folder. The XP SHOULD NOT have messed with any other partition when trying to upgrade. Then again, it is a MS program. I am not sure what more to say. Have you tried to rename any of them or try and get into any of the folders?

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |

Originally posted by RickDev@Jul 22 2005, 11:55 AM
    could you give me an example of the name on the folder. The XP SHOULD NOT have messed with any other partition when trying to upgrade. Then again, it is a MS program. I am not sure what more to say. Have you tried to rename any of them or try and get into any of the folders?
    [snapback]5217[/snapback]
    OK, for example, when i booted up in my C drive, some folders had non-english characters. and every file in those folders also had these same non-english characters. I assumed, those folders must have been corrupted during my installations of XP. So when i booted up in my D drive, i had an initial diskscan, which i didnt thought nothing off, but as it scanned, it started turning folders into files. When it all finished, and i finally booted through my D drive, i found that all the folders which had non-english names, were turned into files. they were simply files with no extention at all whatsoever and the size was 32kb.

2 days ago, i decided to recreate the error. I found a few more folders with non-english names when i booted through my C drive. But when i booted again in my D Drive, those folders were alright. So im guessing, while the diskscan, XP thought those folders were corrpt and changed those folders back into files.

I KNOW those files are still there becoz they are occuping space on my harddisk. Is there ANYWAY i can get those files back? Or is there ANYWAY i can access those files directly through sectors or something? i tried DOS but those folders were showing.

That is normally a bad deal there. I am not sure if there are any tools that may help on this. it all depends on the damage that was done to the folders/files. I will look around and if I find something I will post. I am in a training class all week, so not sure how much time I have right now.

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

|
    |