Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

This is probably not in the right forum ...

Thread: This is probably not in the right forum ...

This is probably not in the right forum ...

However, just curious why the use of php on this board builds the display so wide that the horizontal scroll bar has to be used?
    Everything I learn gives me another way to say \"OOPS!\" :oops:

Horizontal Scroll Bar

Could be a resolution problem. My display does not use a scroll bar. My resolution is 1024x768 on a Gateway FPD1810 flat panel screen.

I have to use the horizontal side at work where the resolution is at 800 x 600 .
    Crank up your res and you won't get it.

I run at 1024*768 ... but I never have the browser window eat up all that horizontal space (it's far easier for the eye to track across text when the lines aren't so wide).

So I get horizontal scroll bars here too. Which irritates me highly, but meh.

Yeah, 800x600 used to be the standard for Screen resolutions, however, the trend tends to be a minimum of 1024x768. I use the e107 cms system on one of my sites, and it has a really great logging tool. I found that there were far more users of 1024x768 then there were for 800x600, which ended up being third place after 1280x1024. Personally, I make my sites so that they look good at 800x600 (no horizontal scroll) but this site is far more complex (mambo and phpbb2).
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubsbum
    Yeah, 800x600 used to be the standard for Screen resolutions, however, the trend tends to be a minimum of 1024x768. I use the e107 cms system on one of my sites, and it has a really great logging tool. I found that there were far more users of 1024x768 then there were for 800x600, which ended up being third place after 1280x1024.
    Certainly, I don't doubt that 1024*768 is the most popular screen resolution these days, but that doesn't reflect people's chosen browser window size. Entirely subjective, but most folks I know prefer width < height for their browser (it better reflects letter/A4 sized paper, and gives the eye a much easier time of line tracking).

This screenshot is what I have my browser at, and I like it like that. It allows for space at the side for terminals and/or Gaim conversations while I browse for stuff. I, personally, can't stand the browser window taking up all my space.

Yea, the site (and most of the ones I build these days)

is set for 1024.