Hi everyone.

My keyboard doesnt work on the windows 98 machine with cyrix 6x86mx processor. Now the problem is i have a tested and tried ps2 keyboard which works on my xp (p3) machine. but when i try to use it on cyrix (98) machine with a help of a serial to ps2 convertor (as on cyrix's motherboard there is only a ps2 port for mouse and a serial port for keyboard (i think) and a big old ding kind of thing)

Keyboard doesnt work and when windows is booting up it shows some error which goes somethin like
c:\windows\command\keyboard.sys

and then goes through with no lights on the keyboard.. mouse works fine.. now i have had a discussion with few people, one of them said there keyboard doesnt work on serial ports ?? and one of them said i need to add hardware which is serial port.. but i would have thought that i would have allready been added as this machine is somebody elses (now mine)..and that person obviously has been using this machine for a long time. it also has the keyboard big ding thing... it might work but i havnt tried it... can you please guide what i am doing wrong ?? and what i am not?? and if my using serial to ps2 convertor for gettin a ps2 keyboard working on win 98 machine is on the right track ??