Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Account Lockouts

Thread: Account Lockouts

Hybrid View

Hi,

Just took over as network admin at a company. Noticed the other day that the previous admin had not implemented an account lockout policy. Anyway long story short, I put one in place. I now have one user who is continuously getting locked out. His laptop runs XP home and I think that may be the issue. Has anyone ever seen this and, if so, do you know of a fix/workaround for this issue?

Thanks

Originally posted by mgeoghan@Jun 27 2005, 09:26 AM
    Hi,

Just took over as network admin at a company.* Noticed the other day that the previous admin had not implemented an account lockout policy.* Anyway long story short, I put one in place.* I now have one user who is continuously getting locked out.* His laptop runs XP home and I think that may be the issue.* Has anyone ever seen this and, if so, do you know of a fix/workaround for this issue?*

Thanks
    [snapback]5081[/snapback]

Ok, I normally don't respond to old posts, but there seems to be alot on here and this might help someone out in the future. Look for mapped drives on the client machine, see if they ahve any program that might be trying to do some kind of authentication that may be failing which would cause the lock out. Check the clients security logs and see if it is recording any fails on authentication

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |