Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Windows Media Player freezes my web browser, HELP!

Thread: Windows Media Player freezes my web browser, HELP!

This began to happen maybe a month ago or so. I have Windows Media Player 10 installed and I use both Firefox and Internet Explorer. In both browsers when I click on a link to play a video (the sites play videos in WMP automatically) my WMP will say 'Opening File' for 2 minutes then it will say 'Ready.' When I try to press play after it says 'Ready' it just says 'Opening File' again and when I click the 'stop' button or if I click 'Back' on the browser then my whole browser freezes then says 'Not Responding.' A lot of sites play their videos in WMP and I have other programs such as REAL and QT. They work fine. Also WMP works fine when I use it off the browser on my desktop, such as when watching DVDs, or saved mpegs. But when I watch it dock on from a website on my browser, it will freeze on me when I click 'Back' or 'Stop' button on player. I am on a router and I have unchecked my UDP port already, but that didnt help. Also when I try to uninstall WMP, It's not even listed in my Add/Remove Control Panel. I tried to delete it from regedit but I couldnt find it there either. And when I tried to do it manually by deleting folder, it said 'Cannot Delete, File In use' and my WMP isn't even open. Please help me, any suggestions.

Hi,

Media Player is not listed in the Add/Remove programs applet.
    On the left side of that applet, click on add/remove windows components and it should be listed in there.
    Because you most likely patially deleted the contents of the folder, media player will not work, and you may have to re-download the setup file, install it, and uninstall it.

It really does sound like you have a firewall issue because you can use MP with non-streaming content.

Regards,

Andrew.