Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Help with installing new XP system

Thread: Help with installing new XP system

I am trying to install a new copy of XP home edition, but am currently running xp pro. It won't let me install the xp home edition over xp pro. Nor can I delete the active partition. Does anyone know a way I can install xp home and get rid of xp pro?

Originally posted by sreynolds4@Mar 19 2005, 01:53 PM
    I am trying to install a new copy of XP home edition, but am currently running xp pro. It won't let me install the xp home edition over xp pro. Nor can I delete the active partition. Does anyone know a way I can install xp home and get rid of xp pro?
    [snapback]4625[/snapback]

if your window xp hom ED is bootable , put the windows CD in Cd rom and make sure you set bios to boot from Cdrom the auto it will start and you follow the instruction

this is very helpfull if you do not know how to install any windows of xp and later

Windows XP Setup Simulator

Description: Windows XP Setup Simulator is a program that teaches you how to install Windows XP, without having to worry you will mess up your hardware or software. It just simulates installing Windows XP as if it was the real setup. It reproduces every step exactly as it is in the real setup, and it does not restart your computer. This program can also be used as a guide for learning how to install Windows 2003, because the steps are very similar. The package also includes an e-book that explains every step of the Windows XP Setup and some other Windows XP Basics. You can also find the simulation with every step explained in several languages.
    Version: 1.0
    Price: Free!

http://www.echoproject.net/en/index.html

download

http://www.echoproject.net/en/software/cat...p_simulator.exe

[color=green]
    Originally posted by sreynolds4@Mar 19 2005, 06:53 AM
    [snapback]4625[/snapback]
    Boot into MS-Dos(NOT Virtual MS-DOS) mode and find your system drive (usually C: drive)

Format C:

This will completely wipe out your Win XP. :lol:

WARNING! Backup your important data BEFORE format your harddrive; otherwise, you will LOST all of them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------

Jason, or anyone....PLEASE help!
    Is there a way you can explain step by step how to wipe out my XPPro so I can install my XPhome? Sorry to sound like a moron, but I understand everything better if shown/told step by step.

Thank you
    Kristie

Originally posted by Jason Lu@Apr 7 2005, 04:38 PM
    [color=green]

Boot into MS-Dos(NOT Virtual MS-DOS) mode and find your system drive (usually C: drive)

Format C:

This will completely wipe out your Win XP. :lol:

WARNING! Backup your important data BEFORE format your harddrive; otherwise, you will LOST all of them
    [snapback]4734[/snapback]

Do you know how to get into the computer's BIOS? If not, then we'll have to go from there. If you do, go in and set it so that the CDROM is the first boot device.

Insert your XP HOME edition into the CDROM and boot the computer. You should see something come up asking if you want to boot from the CDROM. Just hit enter at this time and it will go to a light blue screen and Windows will start loading the setup program.

After you get to the terms of agreements and scroll to the end hit F8 and you should get to a screen that will allow you to delete or create partitions. Delete the partition, it will ask if you are sure and have you press the letter "L". that will get you back to the first screen.

Create a new partition and format it NTFS and keep following the instructions from there. I could give a more detailed install but I have not installed it in a month. If you are still having problems let me know and I will install XP again and write up a better guide.

Good luck!

RickDev
    "Nobody knows what I do until I stop doing it."

|
    |