Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
MSForums News Team

Thread: MSForums News Team

Hybrid View

Mentor
    Microsoft Forums is now working on putting together a team of three people in a special group called "MSF News".

This is a great opportunity for people who like to read, research and learn about the technology world.

If you're interested, read on.

What's done so far?
    So far I've been posting news relating to Microsoft all by myself, but now we've expanded to three categories as follows.

1. Microsoft Records
    2. Security Bulletins, Patches & Updates
    3. Tech World

What does the team do?
    Training and supplement material will be provided to the team as a starter. The team will be responsible for posting news articles into the correct categories. The most common one will be Tech World and Microsoft Records, respectively. Additionally, complete access to Staff Forum and network's FTP server will be provided. The team will never incur any cost other than their internet connection that they already use.

What's recruitment requirements?
    Essentially there are no requirements, you will need to send me a Personal Message. Of course people who can type properly will be given preference. There's no post count requirement, so refer your friends if you want.

Interested? Send me a PM today so we can talk.

So basically this "team" just posts news about tech stuff, etc. I'll think about it.

I got to get some sleep for now
    "If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work another day in your life."

My man confucius said it well :D

Why is my signature text blue I did not make it like that??

Mentor
    Basically yes, but the details would be given to the selected people.

Associate
    I would like to do this but I think it would get too tedious copying each Windows Security bulletin. Regix has gone ahead an done this but I don't think people need to know every little scrap of detail about updates. You should just have 1 thread that is locked and opened only by the Moderator of the section and you can then make a single post about the updates with the basic description.

Then you could detail the Windows Update site and Windows XP SP2 update and how to order FREE if you have a slow Internet connection.

If people have a virus or wish to update they don't want to trawl through stacks of threads about security updates. They want 1 thread which they can use the Search button to search the web for the name of the bulletin in the post.

EDIT: Major updates then have their own threads so they can be spotted quickly. If it is really critical it could be stickied.
    http://home.ripway.com/2003-10/30120/Veno.gif

'Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear'

i might think about the tech section as i read computer magazines and web pages frequently

Mentor
    True Ishtar, it looks a bit tedious but generally speaking having individual threads makes things easier for searching within the site and from search engines.