Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Port 80???

Associate
    Originally posted by genesis@Feb 23 2005, 05:28 PM
    ok thats odd, so what is the error message on IE and mozilla. Do you get a page cannot be displayed or something?

Just curious, why would you hear popup blocker sounds if you can't browse anywhere?
    [snapback]4298[/snapback]

Yeah, I get the "page cannot be displayed" and a bunch of possible solutions like "Detect Network Settings" and SSL2.0, 3.0 TLS1.0 etc. None of which do anything for my problem.

Didn't we use to call this a "404"? And people--perhaps the ones who hear pop-ups being blocked even when they aren't browsing--"404's? LOL

I dunno, maybe I don;t hear pop-ups, but it is really frustrating--and in the end, i suspect, rudimentary why I can be so close to being connected yet unsuccessful!

HELP!?!?

Mentor
    You probably don't hear popup since you're not loading any page. Let's verify some settings in IE.

Go to the Internet Options - Connections Tab, click on LAN Settings and see if Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is, remove the check. Same applies to automatic configuration and any proxies, in short everything on that screen should be unchecked/disabled.

Associate
    ok thats odd, so what is the error message on IE and mozilla. Do you get a page cannot be displayed or something?

Just curious, why would you hear popup blocker sounds if you can't browse anywhere?
    Can you tell me what time zone you're in and when your advice will stop?

Associate

Are we still communicating? Did you get my response?

Mentor
    lol I'm in no timezone, I'm here almost 18 hours a day I'll still be around with brief disappearances, like I have to pickup wife from work in 10 minutes and so on.

So what's the good word? Did you do the IE options trick?

Associate
    Originally posted by genesis@Feb 23 2005, 05:47 PM
    You probably don't hear popup since you're not loading any page. Let's verify some settings in IE.

Go to the Internet Options - Connections Tab, click on LAN Settings and see if Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is, remove the check. Same applies to automatic configuration and any proxies, in short everything on that screen should be unchecked/disabled.
    [snapback]4300[/snapback]

Sorry, did not see page 2!

OK, Auto had been checked. Not anymore.

Nothing is checked. By the way, on the top of the cannot be displayed window it says "cannot find server"

Cannot connect still

Associate
    Originally posted by jeb22@Feb 23 2005, 06:01 PM
    Sorry, did not see page 2!

OK, Auto had been checked.* Not anymore.*

Nothing is checked.* By the way, on the top of the cannot be displayed window it says "cannot find server"

Cannot connect still
    [snapback]4304[/snapback]

It's 5:30 EST. Going to the gym. Hope you will be available this evening. And, please give me a series of choices/directions.

So far, we've gained no ground. does that mean, like its darkest before dawn, that we are close

:lol:

Mentor
    Ok, I'm back but will wait for you.

We're not progressing but I have a feeling it's something very trivial that we're missing. We'll talk about other options when you get back, I'll be around.

Associate
    Originally posted by genesis@Feb 23 2005, 06:52 PM
    Ok, I'm back but will wait for you.

We're not progressing but I have a feeling it's something very trivial that we're missing. We'll talk about other options when you get back, I'll be around.
    [snapback]4306[/snapback]
    Yes, I think it is something minor also. Its 8:30 Pm EST.

Where to from here?

Mentor
    Well it's confusing as we've done almost everything. Next thing I'd be concerned about is spyware or even virus. Do a complete scan on the system.

After that we'll try changing the port on the router physically, simply plug it in on a different port.

If I'm missing something, which I'm sure I am, someone please jump in and help us jog our memory?