Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Port 80??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Port 80???

Associate
    Originally posted by jeb22@Feb 23 2005, 03:29 PM
    OK, that did not work!

"The page cannot be displayed" when I start IE.* Should I delete my LAN conncetion and create a new one?
    [snapback]4284[/snapback]

And, by the way, a restart did not generate a new "hosts". Got rid of one tho!

So I just renamed the "hosts-old" to "hosts". Rebooting and trying again

Associate
    Originally posted by jeb22@Feb 23 2005, 03:42 PM
    And, by the way, a restart did not generate a new "hosts".* Got rid of one tho!

So I just renamed the "hosts-old" to "hosts".* Rebooting and trying again
    [snapback]4285[/snapback]

As of 3:00 EST, dead in the water here. Nothing has worked. Advise when you can, thx!

Mentor
    Boy! The next thing would be to delete the LAN connection and recreate it.

Sorry we won't go into Internet Explorer details because you can't ping either, so it's not an IE issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate
    Originally posted by genesis@Feb 23 2005, 04:44 PM
    Boy! The next thing would be to delete the LAN connection and recreate it.

Sorry we won't go into Internet Explorer details because you can't ping either, so it's not an IE issue.
    [snapback]4288[/snapback]
    That was to ping msforums.org, right?

I tried that from my laptop--the one I am writing on--and it did not work here either. In other words, will you please review the exact syntax of pinging msforum.org?

Associate
    Originally posted by jeb22@Feb 23 2005, 05:08 PM
    That was to ping msforums.org, right?

I tried that from my laptop--the one I am writing on--and it did not work here either.* In other words, will you please review the exact syntax of pinging msforum.org?
    [snapback]4291[/snapback]

Gheesh--sometimes.......

OK, I tried my best DOS talk and DID ping msforum,org.

Sent 4, received 4.

Mentor
    You got response back from ping, sorry I'm doing too many things at the same time so I can't respond all too fast.

Now is that ping from the problem child?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate
    Originally posted by genesis@Feb 23 2005, 05:19 PM
    You got response back from ping, sorry I'm doing too many things at the same time so I can't respond all too fast.

Now is that ping from the problem child?
    [snapback]4293[/snapback]

YES!!!!

Mentor
    ok then you are connected to the internet, we've been running after the wrong culprit all along.

Simple of all, try using a different browser. Get Mozilla, see if that works. I bet it will.

Associate
    Originally posted by genesis@Feb 23 2005, 05:22 PM
    ok then you are connected to the internet, we've been running after the wrong culprit all along.

Simple of all, try using a different browser. Get Mozilla, see if that works. I bet it will.
    [snapback]4296[/snapback]
    NOPE!

No to mozilla. Don't get me wrong, this is not a snide comment: remember, from the get-go, I said I can see the "packets" being sent and received and I swear I can hear pop-ups getting blasted, but I cannot get a browser to "load".

Somehow, i am connected but cannot browse.

I do appreciate your help!

Jim

Mentor
    ok thats odd, so what is the error message on IE and mozilla. Do you get a page cannot be displayed or something?

Just curious, why would you hear popup blocker sounds if you can't browse anywhere?