Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Farging ME probs

Thread: Farging ME probs

My computer cannot decide whether it has Windows installed or not. Some days, it is fine. Others, it says windows is not installed.

My windows ME Quick Restore disks have worked in the past to fix my ill computer, but now it gives me a 'Run-time error R60003' (not sure how many 0's) and will not help.

People, I have no idea what is wrong. Help me if you have any idea how to nuke this evil bug once and for all.

Mentor
    Assuming you're having problems at the startup. What is the error message when it doesn't recognize the OS?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Something about it not finding the OS.

I'm on the very computer and I don't want to turn it off to find out specifics. It takes days before it decides to cooperate.

Mentor
    It could be bootup sequence setup wrong. Make sure there are no CDs and no floppies whatsoever. Try restarting then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No CDs no nothing. I like to start up and shut down clean.

One thing I forgot to mention, once i get it up and going, it will come up normal most times. But, if for some reason it is shut down improperly, it will ALWAYS forget there is windows installed.

This is one annoying bug. I don't expect an easy solution, I'm just trying every possible source for a solution.

Mentor
    I don't think it's a windows issue, windows won't boot at all if it thinks it's not there, it's not going to be on and off... likely. You can go to your BIOS and load the defaults to begin with, if any settings in BIOS are wrong reseting will fix that. If that doesn't fix it you're probably looking at a fresh install.