Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Using DirectShow filters to play a URL based file

Thread: Using DirectShow filters to play a URL based file

The DirectX SDK version 8.1 has a utility called graphedt.exe that allows a user to build DirectShow filter graphs that allow users to play various video content.

I am interested in adding the capability to play a file from a URL on another server. Graphedt.exe allows me to do this successfully if I select the menu item.

File | Render URL

This builds a graph that successfully plays a URL based file. When I try and build the graph from scratch using the "File Source URL" Direct Show filter, I get the error 0x80004002 (No such interface supported). I have checked and the successful graph uses the same filter but won't let me manually build the graph. Since I can't manually build the graph, I can't incorporate this functionality into my own application.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Mentor
    I'm not a programmer and that sounds way deep but I am still a good researcher. I'll look around and see what I can find. If you or any other member knows or finds the solution before me, please post up here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.