Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Lost File Menu

Thread: Lost File Menu

Angry

I have lost the menubar and toolbar in Microsoft Windows Explorer.

I tried to right click in the header but don't get a view or toolbars choice in the popup menu.

I don't have any menus at all so I can't go to view and toolbars like I would expect to be able to do.

Probably just a stupid thing but I want to change my view and folder options in Win Explorer and can't get to them anymore.

Any suggestions?

Mentor
    Try going to folder option in control panel and change the task to classic folders or vice versa, see if that resets it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally posted by genesis@Feb 12 2005, 04:48 PM
    Try going to folder option in control panel and change the task to classic folders or vice versa, see if that resets it.
    [snapback]4092[/snapback]
    Thanks a ton for the suggestion Genesis.

I did try that and it didn't reset them. It seems to be specific to my profile though, because when I log in as one of the other users on this XP box the menu and toolbar are there and I can customize like I would expect.

I'm kind of stumped and I have been banging at this for a while. Tried searching the support center and the Microsoft site and can't seem to find anything...

Thanks again, though. I have checked out several of your posting in other areas of these forums and you help a lot of people. That's cool. I hope you are getting enough back for putting out so much efort.

Mentor
    Thanks for the good words

Of course it's with your profile only. You could create a new profile and delete this one, then rename the new one to this same name after setting up the customizations. But that'd be the easy way out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally posted by genesis@Feb 13 2005, 04:59 AM
    Thanks for the good words

Of course it's with your profile only. You could create a new profile and delete this one, then rename the new one to this same name after setting up the customizations. But that'd be the easy way out
    [snapback]4110[/snapback]
    Thanks again Genesis. Sometimes the obvious solution is the one we miss on the first pass.

At this point I think getting on with my work is more important than the principle of not being licked by the glitch. I'll take your advice. I hope I get the chance to help you sometime, but it sounds like your pretty comp saavy...

I'm out.

Mentor
    Thanks once again VM, sure you can help out around here. I hope you'll get this little glitch out of your system.