Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Cant Get XP SP2

Thread: Cant Get XP SP2

Hi, I enabled my automatic updates so that i can install the xp sp2 but i still havent got notice of it, to make matters worse now when i try to get into my performance and maintanece option so i can maybe configure the time for its download it wont load, it just freezes on the control panel window. I really need the sp2 for its security center options because i need to configure the firewall to block programs that may open up a connection to my computer.thx

Associate
    open your Internet Explorer browser and click TOOLS | WINDOWS UPDATE that will take you to the update page ... dont worry about finding the sp2 link you cant do anything without it trying to get you to update to it lol

Look on your computer manufacturers website for downloads that need to be complete prior to downloading SP2. There are some driver issues that need to be resolved on some machines. Also check for critical updates with MS that need to be done first. There is an area on the MSupdate page that will scan your computer for needed updates.

Originally posted by Widescreen@Feb 11 2005, 04:54 AM
    open your Internet Explorer browser and click TOOLS | WINDOWS UPDATE that will take you to the update page ... dont worry about finding the sp2 link you cant do anything without it trying to get you to update to it lol
    [snapback]4038[/snapback]
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

Mentor
    You'll have to get all critical updates and the updates suggested by MS Windows Update before you can get SP2. So try doing it manually by going to the WU site.