Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

So what did you expect?

Thread: So what did you expect?

Mentor

So what did you expect?

Ripped this from Distrowatch.com

Is Microsoft preparing Linux law suits?

Red Hat Is Microsoft getting ready for patent infringements law suits against Linux? There are those who believe that this is indeed the case. Their reasoning was given further credibility last week when an independent survey company representing several major IT players conducted a paid survey among IT decision makers. A large section of this survey was devoted to public perception about how Red Hat Enterprise Linux infringes on Microsoft patents. Here is one of the questions: "Given this statement, would you be more or less likely to believe that Red Hat Enterprise Linux infringes patents owned by Microsoft?" The survey then went on to present a hypothetical situation that Microsoft granted patent rights to Red Hat, but not to other Linux vendors, then asked: "How would that impact your interest in deploying other brands of Linux in your IT system?"

Is this a beginning of a new Microsoft versus Linux battle? And are we going to witness an endless series of patent infringement law suits against Linux companies? Whatever it is, it seems that the largest software company in the world is getting more and more desperate every day....

I expect.

Windows can and never will be able to hurt linux.

We have come to the point of no return linux will never be the same again
    and i fear for everything that is not open source even realbasic has seen the light they now have a version of there realbasic standard edition wich is compleatly free not even mac nor windows has this lucture.

http://www.realsoftware.com/download/linux/
    Why is REALbasic 2005 for Linux Standard Edition free?

We pick the price for each product based upon many factors, including the price of competing products. Much of the software for Linux is available for free, including other development tools. Because of this, we have decided to make REALbasic 2005 for Linux Standard Edition for free. REALbasic 2005 for Linux Professional Edition is priced at US $399.95, just like the Windows and Macintosh versions.

Basicly what they are saying is if we do not provide a free version then we will fail on the linux platform to tools like gambas and kbasic
    Wenn Sie Spaß meines Englisch mich Willensfuckingtötung Sie bilden.

So have you given REALBasic a shot comtux? I am interested to see how it stacks up againt Gambas and the like.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7

RealBasic VS Gambas

Yes i have given RealBasic a try.

Here is a comparison of Kbasic , Gambas, Realbasic

IDE,S
    -----------------
    KBasic
    Very Buggy

Gambas
    Perfect

RealBasic
    Slow even on an all Gtk Based System

Widgets
    -------------
    Kbasic
    Minimal

Gambas
    Standard

RealBasic
    Most

Documents
    --------------------------
    Kbasic
    Lots of Examples

Gambas
    Minimal

Realbasic
    Lots of good docks

Easy of use 1 - 10 (10 being easyst)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Kbasic
    1 to buggy

Gambas

Realbasic
    5 to slow and code/designer are paneled

Support
    --------------------
    Kbasic
    Poor

Gambas
    Ok

RealBasic
    Good if you have pro version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kbasic
    I would stay away from kbasic it has sooo many problems and development/updates take forever.

Gambas
    Gambas is my personal favorite it is easy tto use development is very rapid but it does lack in support and needs more plutgins like (flash) and better java support.

Realbasic
    Realbasic offers lots of tools but they do not look as nice as gambases plus the realbasic development enviroment is very very slow and as far as support you need to buy the pro version and 99% of all docs and examples are mac spacific.
    Wenn Sie Spaß meines Englisch mich Willensfuckingtötung Sie bilden.

Thanks for the comparisons comtux. I too have found Gambas to be a very nice development environment. I just wish I had more time to develop some of my command line apps with it.
    jro -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Linux counter#:213782
    GnuPG ID: 406238E7