Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Microsoft Graphics

Thread: Microsoft Graphics

Talking

I would just like to comment on how Microsoft has really done well in catching up in the graphics area to Macintosh computers. When I started in graphics, nobody in their right mind would attempt design with a Mircosoft based system. If you were going to do graphics, you had to have a mac. Although much of the design community still feels that way, at over $5000 to get set up properly with mac equiptment and software, it isn't very practical for people like me. I do all my design for free or next to free for friends and charities and have developed what I think are solid, interesting designs all on Microsoft software. The ease of use and practicality of my design programs is so much better than my first attempts at trying to figure out Corel Draw in the early days of having Windows based design. Although what some friends of mine can do on a mac may take one step, and for me it's three or four, with some ingenuity, it's possible. So thanks Microsoft. You've made a lot of people happy. I can Publish great looking work and keep it free for my clients because of my small overhead. Very cool.
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

Mentor
    I'm not a mac person, neither do I use MS products for my graphic needs, I use Adobe products and am very pleased with it. I've always had the conception of Microsoft based software to be extremely hard, might've changed now so I can't say how it is.

Should try sometime?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would give it a try if you have the opportunity.
    Adobe is very good of course.
    Maybe it would depend on what types of graphics you are doing. I have found everything to be very user friendly. Although that is AFTER I got used to it Just like anything.

Should try sometime?
    [snapback]3830[/snapback]
    [/quote]

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

Mentor
    Corel Draw is more for publication as far as I can remember from school days, I create more web images, like this site for example, this is all done in photoshop. Is Corel any good for me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is my opinion that Corel still sucks. It's VERY hard to use.
    I've done quite a few sites in publisher. But you have to ditch the wizard and create from a blank publication.

Originally posted by genesis@Feb 7 2005, 01:29 PM
    Corel Draw is more for publication as far as I can remember from school days, I create more web images, like this site for example, this is all done in photoshop. Is Corel any good for me?
    [snapback]3845[/snapback]

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

Back in the day (don't I sound old) adobe and quark were not able to run on anything but mac. They have always been very good programs. I have Microsoft Office xp because my other half needed it for his work. I was pleased to find how much I could do with Publisher and have really found no need to expand my software. But it sounds like you are already running good programs. I guess my point was that I can do anything I want with the stuff I already have. And that makes me happy.
    It might be fun for you to fool around with though.

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

Mentor
    I like playing with software, yes, that's the kind of stuff I do, even for a living. So I might get a few new applications (old) that I haven't used in a while.

It is the cold hard truth:

I suck at graphics. My paintshop trial just expired like 6 days ago, and I really didnt do anything good with it.
    "If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work another day in your life."

My man confucius said it well :D

Why is my signature text blue I did not make it like that??

Associate
    Originally posted by CoolJsa14@Feb 7 2005, 08:29 PM
    I suck at graphics.* My paintshop trial just expired like 6 days ago, and I really didnt do anything good with it.
    [snapback]3857[/snapback]
    Download it again

Adobe does pwn every other graphics software, yes. That's a fact. But some extreme idiots like me prefer using a bunch of different graphics packages to create one goddamn sig :P

Associate
    What programs do you guys suggest using?