Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Whax users help?

Thread: Whax users help?

Whax users help?

Ok i cant get the internet to work, someone told me that i have to set up an ip adress how do i set that up? :roll:

How does your current machine receive its IP address?? If you're setup to connect via dhcp, whax should detect the dhcp server and request an IP address.

Also, how are you accessing the net?

Cable/DSL? Are you going through a router (like a lynksys box or something??)

Thanks,

Mark

Yah im going thro a router usrobotics and how do i check the otherstuff.

Are you currently posting on a windows machine??

If so, you can check your current network settings to find out if you are dhcp or a static ip.

How do i check it where do i go to, i am on windows xp.

And i have broadband cable

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    How do i check it where do i go to, i am on windows xp.
    go to control panel-Network connections-
    if your in category view pick a control panel icon -network connections

then usually your connection is Local area connection

right click on Local Area Connection and click on properties. then highlight Internet Protocol (tcp/ip) then click on properties.

If your dynamic automatically detect will be selected
    if your static use the following address will be selected.

Then im dynamic so now what do i do?

open up a root terminal
    type
    #ifconfig
    now what is the ip address of eth0
    then type
    #ifdown eth0
    then type
    #ifup eth0
    now try and get online. if you can't copy and paste your terminal session in this post.

Good luck.