Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Microsoft To Release 13 Patches Next Week

Thread: Microsoft To Release 13 Patches Next Week

Mentor
    Microsoft To Release 13 Patches Next Week

Microsoft on Thursday gave early warning that next week's monthly dose of security bulletins and patches will be among its biggest ever.

According to the Advance Notification service, which pre-announces upcoming patches but limits the information disclosed, next Tuesday's roundup will include 13 security bulletins, at least three of which will be marked "Critical," the Redmond, Wash.-based developer's most dire warning.

Nine of the bulletins affect Microsoft Windows. That's a much-higher-than-normal number, and three times what the company published in January.

Other patches will be published to fix bugs in SharePoint Services, Microsoft Office, the .Net Framework, Visual Studio, Windows Media Player, and MSN Messenger.

Microsoft has several unresolved vulnerabilities, according to security researchers, who have noted problems in Windows XP SP2's buffer overflow defense, and continued weaknesses in Internet Explorer.

The patches will be posted on Microsoft's security Web site on February 8, and be available for downloading from the Windows Update service that same day.

The List of Patches

? 9 Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. Some of these updates will require a restart.

? 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft SharePoint Services and Office. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for this security bulletin is Moderate. These updates may or may not require a restart.

? 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft .NET Framework. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for this security bulletin is Important. This update will require a restart.

? 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Office and Visual Studio. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for this security bulletin is Critical. These updates will require a restart.

? 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Windows, Windows Media Player, and MSN Messenger. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. These updates will require a restart.

THAT IS GREAT ... but my computer doesn't install the updates .. does anybody know why?
    http://www.geocities.com/puneet123ca/sigRX7.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...dancinggir.gif

EVERYBODY DANCE, EVERYBODY DANCE, everybody look at your pants

While looking at my sig, my wienie has struck a rigamortis

victory shall be mine!!!

Mentor
    Do you have a legit copy?

Lot of patches for 1 month with 28 days..........
    "If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work another day in your life."

My man confucius said it well :D

Why is my signature text blue I did not make it like that??