How to Remove Gator
What is Gator?
Gator is your smart online companion that fills out forms and remembers passwords. Gator comes with the OfferCompanion application, the premier application for saving money on the web. Yet Gator and OfferCompanion are extremely polite, staying out of sight, popping up only when they can help you.
Although Gator isn't much of a nuisance, it does fall into a group of software known as spyware, sending information about buying habits, etc. for information purposes. For this reason, many people won't use it and want to remove it. The Gator company recently changed their name to Claria.
How to I Remove Gator?
1) Right click on the Gator icon in the System Tray and click on Exit.
2) From the Windows Start button select Settings and then Control Panel.
3) When the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
4) When the Add/Remove Programs Properties window opens, locate Gator in the list of installed programs. Click on it one time and then click on the Add/Remove button.
5) Follow the on screen instructions.
Place a check in the box for "Delete User Information" if you want user information removed from the Registry. DO NOT place a check in this box if you want the user data retained for a new install of Gator.
This will remove the Gator program from your computer.
Although the above instructions will remove the Gator E-Wallet information, you may still have GAIN (Gator Advertiser Information Network) software installed. GAIN helps keep many popular software applications and services free in exchange for delivering ads, information, and software based on the web sites you view.
Unfortunately, GAIN can only be removed by uninstalling the GAIN supported application. You cannot uninstall GAIN directly. Once the GAIN supported application has been uninstalled, GAIN will uninstall itself as well.
To see the GAIN supported applications on your computer, click on the following link and then continue down the page and click on the link to show you the GAIN support apps on your computer.