Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Spyware Beta

Thread: Spyware Beta

Hello,

I downloaded Microsoft Spyware Beta and all is well with the exeption of the Microsoft firewall has been removed completley and I can not set it back up.

Is this common?

Thanks very much

D

Mentor
    No, this is not common. Although it has happened to other people, my firewall is working fine. When you try to enable the firewall, are there any error messages?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally posted by genesis@Jan 24 2005, 08:19 PM
    No, this is not common. Although it has happened to other people, my firewall is working fine. When you try to enable the firewall, are there any error messages?
    [snapback]2852[/snapback]
    Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, it says- Windows Firewall settings can not be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you want to start Windows Firewall/Internet Conection Sharing (ICS) Service?-----

Then I press YES, and get ----Windows can not start the Windows/Firewall Internet Conection (ICS) service.-----Then the only option is to hit OK.

Thanks

D

Mentor
    First thing, try updating MSAS, see if that fixes it. If that doesn't do it, uninstall it, confirm that the firewall is running on default settings and install MSAS again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.