Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Fan Question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan Question

I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to buy another fan for hte back of my computer.

Reasons:
    Power Supply is pretty hot
    Pentium 4 is hot
    Intergrated video is hot

I have a picture below, and the fan at the top is the power supply fan, so that's the up side of the computer. Would it be a good idea or would it be a bad idea becuase all the fans would be competing with each other

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs down

If the fan is not cooling the computer like it should be doing than i think it is time for a new fan. I'm not sure about what would would happen if there is 2 fans at the same time
    "If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work another day in your life."

My man confucius said it well :D

Why is my signature text blue I did not make it like that??

They are doing their job but i'd like to add a 3rd fan in that area for extra ventilation. Heat killed my last computer and since it's 50 in my bedroom right now, I probably won't be too worried unti lsummer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mentor
    If the fan in the picture is exhaust, add a blower fan on the other side, that will complete the air flow. In between is your processor and that should cool it down a lot.

I know you got it but I just visualized it, for fun.

no to sure about that. It must be an exhaust fan, even though it may pull a bit from the PSU, it would be better, cause the PSU has less to move, get me?

yes - a fan is a must. I would drill out the back panel though, with a core bit. better air flow, and quiet cooling too.

wow modern art... try and get as many fans as you can!

So the little area in the back would be to let air in?

I downloaded intel system monitor and it says that the processor's running at 90F which isn't near the real real hot range. But system zones 1 and 2 (where ever they are) are on the yellow

Mentor
    yup the new fan would be intake, if the existing one is out.

I'm not sure if the processor fan sucks air up from the heat sink, or blows down on it, but the fan for the power supply blows out of the machine. So a general fan like this would fit. Next time Im at best buy and have the money, ill buy one

Mentor
    Yup, that should work.