Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

RAM Slot Question

Thread: RAM Slot Question

My computer has 498 megs of ram, it's 2 sticks.

I have 2 groups of 2 slots, a white slot and a black slot in each group. What's the point of the black and white slots?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mentor
    I'm assuming the white and black groups are different kinds of RAM. For example if your board can take DDR and SDRAM, you will have two groups. Although 99.99% of the time you can't mix and match these two groups.

Just to make sure, are these white and black ones different in size and shape?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Both of the slots are the same size. If I can, I'll take a picture when I get back later tonight.

Mentor
    Total of two slots or four slots!?

Four total slots.

Mentor
    Well look in the user's guide. best place to look. Or post the motherboards model here.

Here's a picture of it:

Mentor
    All 4 are the same. But I think you should have those RAMs together.

nice pic - wats your cam?

anyways, it will be dual channel, a bit like raid for memory.

I would stick in a set of RAM sticks matched to your first two, in the matched slots

first 2 are 1 and 2

second 2 are 3 and 4

matched is 1 and 3, or 2 and 4, (the colours match)