Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Movie Maker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Maker

Hey, how do I work Movie Maker? I want to do a couple of videos, with a song playing in the background, how do I do that?

Mentor
    You mean Microsoft Movie Maker program?

Associate
    I'll handle this one. I've had to make a few movie projects in my time...

Windows movie maker is not professional at all. Duh. But it is very good for people like me who nothing about editing and what not.

First you're gonna need the videos and songs, thats self explanitory.
    Goto File>New Project
    Then File>Import into Collection
    Find where you stored your videos and music, and then click ok
    On the left hand side You're going to see a little menu with your video's name. Click it. You'll then see a picture of the first frame of your vid.
    Click and drag the video down to the timeline at the bottom of your screen. you should see the first frame and then some white with the name on it, thats how long the video is.
    Next click Collections this is where all your music and pictures, basically all non-video items, are held.
    CLick and drag your music to where it says audio on the time line. You can edit how long the music is; however, you cannot lengthen it.

Titles and Credits
    This little extra doohickey was a nice touch for if you're doing a project for school.

To add a title
    clickTools>Titles and Credits
    You'll have 5 choices to choose from. dependong on what you want. Im going to choose add title on the selected clip
    Enter your text
    click change the title animation. its under more options at the bottom.
    You have lots of presets to choose from. I'm choosing spin in because it looks oh so professional.
    click edit text font and color.
    I'm choosing Tahoma bold with red color.
    Now we click done add title to movie.
    On the bottom of your time line you'll see a section called "Title Overlay" This is where you can edit your title length and position. Im moving it to take over the whole clip.
    A quick comment: dont worry about perfect timing, windows movie maker stops when you reach th exact end of your movie clip, and if you pull alittle farther it'll move to the next clip.

To add credits
    clickTools>Titles and Credits
    click add credits at the end
    You'll see a table The column on the left is for the person's title like say someone randomly screams you'd put "screamer" there and on the right you put their name.
    once you get all that done click change the title animation
    im choosing fly in, left and right
    click change the text font and color
    Im choosing tahoma bold again, only this time it's white.
    ok now click done add title to movie

Saving the Movie
    Click File>Save project and save your file if you wish to edit it later on.
    The click File>Save movie file
    Choose what you want to save it to. im gonna choose my computer.
    Edit the name of your movie
    Now comes time to choose the file format. Their are lots to choose from, if you want great quality and large file size choose DV_AVI it has the largest bit rate (30.0 Mbps) and the best screen quality you can ask for. but i dont need anything fancy for my piece of crap, so i am gonna choose video for broadband (512 kbps)
    Click next to write your movie file.

BAM! your done! this is a very basic tutorial, WMM has a lot of cool stuff, so play around with it and post a better tutorial!

Associate
    By the way, Donald, you can easily add effects to your clips by right clicking on a clip (in the bottom, where you already placed it) and press on Video Effects or something like that.

Associate
    Originally posted by Poltergeist@Jan 9 2005, 04:32 PM
    By the way, Donald, you can easily add effects to your clips by right clicking on a clip (in the bottom, where you already placed it) and press on Video Effects or something like that.
    [snapback]2428[/snapback]
    no need to get all fancy pants on me now. good tip, i dint even know that!

Mentor
    Well I just wanted to confirm that because the thread is in wrong forum, MS Pub is only for general chitchat so I'm moving this to Microsoft Software forum.

If you use a differnet burning program, you can make a svcd and play your video on a dvd player. I have made several of these with great success and quality. I save made movie as dvi and in Nero burning encode to svcd.
    Lots of fun.

Originally posted by genesis@Jan 9 2005, 10:34 PM
    Well I just wanted to confirm that because the thread is in wrong forum, MS Pub is only for general chitchat so I'm moving this to Microsoft Software forum.
    [snapback]2435[/snapback]
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.

-Eleanor Roosevelt-