Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OS problem

Mentor
    hmm, only if you have a two cpu license it'll take it. So if it took it, you're set I guess.

Good to know it all worked out for your buddy.

[B][FONT=Geneva][FONT=Optima]
    Originally posted by PaulitoZ@Jan 5 2005, 10:58 AM
    If he was deleting files at the time, he has probably deleted an important file.

As gen said he should try safe mode, this loads only the basic os files, he can then ( hopefully ) use system restore to before he deleted the files and everything should be ok. If its more serious than that he may have to reinstall windows ( over the top of the current so he can keep all his programs and stuff ). If that still fails to work he may have to format his hard drive and install xp again ( and sp2 while hes at it :P ).
    [snapback]2198[/snapback]

Unhappy

Originally posted by PaulitoZ@Jan 5 2005, 10:58 AM
    If he was deleting files at the time, he has probably deleted an important file.

As gen said he should try safe mode, this loads only the basic os files, he can then ( hopefully ) use system restore to before he deleted the files and everything should be ok. If its more serious than that he may have to reinstall windows ( over the top of the current so he can keep all his programs and stuff ). If that still fails to work he may have to format his hard drive and install xp again ( and sp2 while hes at it :P ).
    [snapback]2198[/snapback]

Just thought I would ask...wouldn't it be weird to you if you went to system restore to click the tab and the tab wasn't even there at all? I thought it was...and then there is my issue of defrag button that is unresponsive...and boy do i need to defrag...won't accept command line either...says windows(sp) does not support it????????? IDEAS???

Mentor
    Your system restore might not be available if you're not using administrative profile. Check your profile.

As for defrag not being available, not sure, is your file system FAT32 or NTFS?

Associate
    HELP THIS ISNT ABOUT THE TOPIC BUT I WANNA INSTALL SOFTWARE ON MY COMPUTER AND NEED ADMIN RIGHTS!!!! My dad wont install them so is their a way i can download something and be able to install my stuff???? PLEASE REPLY ON mattrulzheapz@gmail.com
    HELP I REALLY NEED IT
    Life Is Good, Bert is evil!!!!

Mentor
    Originally posted by mattiey@Jan 16 2005, 03:22 AM
    HELP THIS ISNT ABOUT THE TOPIC BUT I WANNA INSTALL SOFTWARE ON MY COMPUTER AND NEED ADMIN RIGHTS!!!! My dad wont install them so is their a way i can download something and be able to install my stuff???? PLEASE REPLY ON mattrulzheapz@gmail.com
    HELP I REALLY NEED IT
    [snapback]2516[/snapback]
    Nope, if the software you're trying to install requires admin permissions, the only thing you can do is to ask for your dad to do it for you.

If you have more questions, please post a new thread as this thread is being used by someone else.

Associate
    thanks genesis and srry for using this one
    Life Is Good, Bert is evil!!!!