Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Microsoft spyware killer

Thread: Microsoft spyware killer

Mentor
    Giant step for Microsoft spyware killer

Microsoft is putting the finishing touches on its spyware killer, which is based on technology from a recently acquired company, Giant Software. The beta version is expected to debut in a few days.

Microsoft's December purchase of Giant, a small U.S. publisher of spyware detection software, put Microsoft in a position to offer an antispyware application of its own. Spyware is software that can, among other things, inundate users with unwanted pop-ups and surreptitiously monitor a computer's activity.

The technology enthusiast Web site Neowin.net has just published the first screenshots of the beta version, putting a release date of Thursday on the beta.

Nicolas Mirail, technical head of security at Microsoft France, told ZDNet France: "We are already in the process of internal testing of the beta version of the antispyware (program), which will be released to the public in January," he said. "No precise release date has been set yet."

Microsoft is also keeping quiet about whether the application, which will be compatible with Windows 2000 and later versions of the operating system, is designed to be an integrated part of Windows, like a security patch, or if it will be distributed or sold separately.

The Redmond, Wash., company is also working on antivirus software, which is likely to be a standalone offering. The antivirus tool is expected to be released this year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate
    Its about time ther brought out something like this. I.E lets enough of it in but they dont supply anything to get it out.

I think i will stay with adaware and spybot though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mentor
    I think I'll go with Microsoft, with the resources that Microsoft has, this software will be able to do more than adaware and such. And yes, it's about time.

awesome, and about time, i might get it
    "If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work another day in your life."

My man confucius said it well :D

Why is my signature text blue I did not make it like that??

Mentor
    I'll certainly get it if it's free, if it's not, I might have to delay it a bit but eventually I will get it.

Associate
    The beta version is availible for download,

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

Mentor
    Awesome! Thanks for the updates.