Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

AMD Athlon 64
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD Athlon 64

Associate
    Here is an early processor that is set up to support 64-bit software:

Description

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ / 2 GHz processor

Processor Type: AMD Athlon 64
    Processor Socket Socket 939

Performance Index: 3200+
    Clock Speed: 2 GHz
    Cache Memory: L2 512 KB
    Compatible Slots 1 x processor - Socket 939
    Manufacturer Warranty 3 years warranty
    Manufacturer AMD
    Last Updated 25/02/2005 15:58:22

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear'

Mentor
    Cool, but I never liked AMD's Performance Index theory. If a car is 128 horsepower it can't beat a car with 300 horsepower, but that's just my theory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

but gen you have a nice car you would say that... anyway, i prefer intel as amd processors don't work with everything as my friend found out once!

AMD are now way ahead of Intel.
    ( That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.) :P
    Linux Rocks

Mentor
    It's all a matter of opinion, but let's not start the AMD vs Intel war here, we have a thread for that too

Genisis I had no intention of atarting a war, as I said that was my opinion.
    Sorry if I caused any trouble.
    Linux Rocks

Mentor
    nah, no trouble TR. By all means, my sites give equal opportunity and believes in free speech.

Associate
    Intel are being very wise though. They are waiting for the 64-bit version of Windows so they can test it and see what their processors will need to run it. AMD have gone straight in and it might have bugs if they haven't tested the full version with Windows.

I have an AMD Athlon XP processor and it serves me well on Doom 3, CoD, MoH, Rome: Total War, Counter Strike and Halo etc. so I see no reason to change at the minute.

'Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear'

Mentor
    Originally posted by Ishtar@Feb 26 2005, 01:43 PM
    I have an AMD Athlon XP processor and it serves me well on Doom 3, CoD, MoH, Rome: Total War, Counter Strike and Halo etc. so I see no reason to change at the minute.
    [snapback]4438[/snapback]
    I have an AMD CPU too, it's a 2500+ or 2600+ (not sure). But I also have a Dell laptop with P4 2.4, which is, even though mobile, much faster and more stable, much harder to kill as compared to AMD desktop system that I'm on right now.

i heard somewhere intel were working on a 64 bit processor also