How to Determine the Version of DirectX Using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
This article describes how to determine the version of Microsoft DirectX installed on your computer using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
3. On the System tab, note the version of DirectX displayed on the DirectX Version line.
4. On the DirectX Files tab, check the version information for each DirectX file.
5. When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX version 5.0 or earlier is installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the current version of DirectX.
To download the latest version fo DirectX, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
? Microsoft Windows 95
? Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
? Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition
? Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
? Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.