Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Microsoft Windows Xp Professional

Thread: Microsoft Windows Xp Professional

Hey,

I hope this is the right place for this, I need some help with Xp, I had reformated my computer and it was doing fine until I had to restart my computer and then when it was restarting and the windows xp screen shows up with the blue bar runing along the bottom in the middle showing its loading then it freezes and nothing else happens I was wondering what could be wrong.

Tips:

Some computer people told me I might have to "flash my bios" no idea on how to do that.

Mac

Mentor
    If it's freezing on the startup try removing external devices like USB cameras, USB drives and such. Try restarting again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey,

I went and tried that but I still seem to have the same problem, Would it matter if my keyboard needs to have a cd installed to do some of its options like open microsoft from a key.

Mac

Associate
    unplus everything but keyboard, mouse and monitor and yurn your system on. If it works, reboot and plug in a different device. Keep doing this till it happens again. The you will know if its a device causing it or a bad config after install. You could also try hitting F8 as your booting before the Windows screen and select "Last known Good Configuration", this may work as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Alright I tired doing that, But still the same problem. Now I i pressed F8 and I am restoring it. Now its stuck on startup in safe mode and doesn't go further than that in the bleu screen

Mac

Associate
    I think you have a hardware problem. Something inside the computer. You may wanna take your system into a shop. Unless someone else has an idea.

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Well I had installed a dvd player and a dvd burner, but they were working fine, I burnt a cd and everything, but when I put this dvd into the dvd burner my comp turned off, and restarted and after that things started to go bad, This is it was a burnt dvd of my aunt and uncles wedding, and I think there good of been a virus on the DVD, But I got some computer guy coming to my house tomorrow hopefully he can fix it.

Mac

Associate
    Let us know what happens and what the problem was and how he fixed it.

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Mentor
    It could be the DVD Rom creating problem but that's something we wont' wanna touch immediately.

So I take it that your system is not booting even in safe mode? If that's the case, you have serious problems. I'd go towards hardware and the first thing to check is RAM.

If you have more than one chips of RAM, use one at a time.