Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Video Cards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Cards

Have you ever bought a PC game and sat down at the computer? You insert the disk, drool hanging from your lip as you anxiously await the installation to be complete... You see the icon on your desktop, you click it... A window hits you like a freight train "Error, 32Bit color mode needed". You recover and think, "Oh, 32 bit, no problem!" You open the display properties window and to your horror you ind that you can only set it up to 16 bits!

What a horrible way to end a day...

The problem lies in the video card!

Here we will explore the basics of video cards.

The $$$$$$
    The type of card you want to buy depends on your needs. If you want to play games like Half Life 2 and Doom 3 you will need a Higher End Card

If you wan't to play games like the GTA series you will need a Low-Medium end card

Because it's low end doesn't mean it is low quality, it means it isn't as powerful, but that also means it does have as big of an effect on your wallet :P

Remember, you don't always need the best card. I wouldn't recommend cards over $500 unless you're doing some major 3D work.

You can also use a cheap graphics card (like my 9200) and use the DNA or OMEGA drivers

Trust me, Half-Life 2 runs perfect!

Originally posted by Waj@Jan 1 2005, 07:02 PM
    You can also use a cheap graphics card (like my 9200) and use the DNA or OMEGA drivers

Trust me, Half-Life 2 runs perfect!
    [snapback]947[/snapback]
    I have 9200 Xtasy, and it's PCI. If those drivers will work, send 'em here!

Mentor
    lol yeah i know that feeling.

BTW, this is not related to Microsoft's hardware since they don't make video cards. I'll move it to computer chat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally posted by Waka-Gashira@Jan 2 2005, 01:04 AM
    I have 9200 Xtasy, and it's PCI. If those drivers will work, send 'em here!
    [snapback]949[/snapback]
    DNA Drivers: http://www.dna-drivers.nl/

OMEGA Drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net/

The choice is yours!

Which do you think is better?

Mentor
    My personal opinion goes for Omega, because I've used Omega drivers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Associate
    I am currently using Omegas. Only drivers I can use on my laptop unless I wanna use Dells shitty ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 drivers. I think not.

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Mentor
    Originally posted by SaucE@Jan 1 2005, 10:01 PM
    Dells shitty ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 drivers.
    [snapback]978[/snapback]
    Agreed! My lappy was not even able to run prince of persia: sands of time... Had to use Omega.

I shall install them later, as I do not want to restart my computer.