Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Opening Folders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Folders

When ever I open a folder (my documents, my computer) it takes about 3 minutes for them to open, while the rest of my PC is blazing fast. Anybody know a solution?

Mentor
    I can understand My computer taking some time to open, if you have a cd in your cd rom drive(s) take them all out and try again.

Also some antivirus software might be scanning drives, like floppy drives on opening them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I took the CD out and the same thing happened when I tried to open my documents, but I don't think the Anti Virus is scanning, it only scans on my command. Normally I would easily fix this, but the fact that everything else on my pc speeds, this problem leaves me dumbfounded.

Mentor
    It actually takes 3 minutes or was that just sarcastic!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm not joking. I'm baffled to say the least.

Mentor
    wow, I really thought you were exagurating. What's the computer specs? Every hardware inside, at least whatever you can post up here.

Originally posted by genesis@Jan 1 2005, 06:19 PM
    wow, I really thought you were exagurating. What's the computer specs? Every hardware inside, at least whatever you can post up here.
    [snapback]916[/snapback]
    384MB of SDRAM
    64MB ATI Radeon 9200 SE
    1.3GHz Inter Celeron
    40 GB hard drive
    3GB paging file on hard drive
    Linksys 10/100 MB Ethernet Card

My PC is pretty old, but the stuff I installed allows me to play some pretty high level games with good FPS,but opening a folder is a hassle so I try to avoid it all costs.

Mentor
    3gb of paging file is awfully high. Have you tried letting computer manage it?

Originally posted by genesis@Jan 1 2005, 06:36 PM
    3gb of paging file is awfully high. Have you tried letting computer manage it?
    [snapback]924[/snapback]

Yeah, but it lets me play crazy games on my old computer and last time I let the computer manage it, it set it on 96MB! I manually changed it to 384MB, but it was still not high enough.

Mentor
    when you let the computer manage it, it changes from time to time. Having too much swap file is not good since it'll start filling 3gb, and then have hard time finding that information.

Another question, when you go to my computer, do you experience excessive hard drive activity or is it just waiting there, kind of frozen?