Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Outlook Error Messages (Public Address Book)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook Error Messages (Public Address Book)

Hybrid View

Hi,

I have searched the web, google, microsoft kb, high and low for answers to some errors. I was hoping anyone on this board might be able to help me.

I am getting two errors;

The first occurs when a user is trying to move a distribution list from their personal address book, to the public address book. They get the error message; "Can't move the items. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again."
    The distribution list has more than 300 names in it, I am curious if outlook is not only trying to move said distibution list but if it is trying to move all the contacts at the same time. If this is how it is can someone please tell me the simplest way to divide up the distribution list into smaller lists?

Thanks,

The second occurs, (for all users) when going into the public address book there is a distribution list again, and when you try to double click on it and open it for editing, it gives this error message; "Can't open this item. There is not enough memory available on the Microsoft Exchange Server computer to perform this operation. Contact your system administrator." But out Exchange server is running with 4 gigs of memory, and when I watch the system resources it is using maybe 512 at any given time, and the four processors are only running at about 2% ish, with one occasionally spiking.

Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Wolfe

Mentor
    Hello Wolfe,

Welcome to Microsoft Forums.

The situation that you're defining here could be a file permission issue. The data itself could be not writeable. The error that you're getting could be a vague message, in other words, wrong message. Outlook tends to send out wrong messages on various occasions.

The reason I say it could be a permission issue because end user can't edit them, certainly it's not a memory issue so it'd be safe to rule that out, this then comes to forged message. You'll need to look in other directions and first one would be permission.

The issue of moving these names, can't be memory on that one either since it's only 300 names. That would take no more than 4GB of available memory + the page file. So in that case you'll need to look at other directions too.

This could also be the reason why you couldn't find any information on google and MS.

Keep me updated and ask any questions you may have and I'll be sure to help out as much as I can.

gen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I obtained some documentation, concering this error; "Can't Open this item. There is not enough memory availiable on the microsoft exchange server computer to perform the operation. Contact your system administrator."

It stated that the Distribution List is possibly corrupt. Is there any way to repair the list? or should it be recreated? I can still send an email to the users in the distribution list so I could get a list of all their names that way.

Thoughs?

-Wolfe

Mentor
    It's very possible. I don't know a way of repairing it HOT and I wouldn't suggest it either. Perhaps it's a 1 day job to re-create it, extremely hard but you'd be much safer that way. If you attempt to repair the live data and it goes wacko, you'll be in much deeper hole.

I'd suggest re-create but I'm looking around, if I find a solid solution to fixing this data I'll post here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Much appreciated, will attempt to recreat that distributibution list.

Also about moving the larger distribution list. What is the easiest way to break down a distribution list into like 3 smaller distribution lists?

Much apprectiated.

Mentor
    No problem. Now I'm not on a system to simulate this but there should be a range selection to export.

lol sorry can't be much help today.

I have corrected this exact problem on a client's machine by deleting the mail profile and then re-creating it. It is definitely a problem on the client-side due to file corruption.

Originally posted by Stryfe@Sep 20 2004, 10:37 AM
    Hi,

I have searched the web, google, microsoft kb, high and low for answers to some errors. I was hoping anyone on this board might be able to help me.

I am getting two errors;

The first occurs when a user is trying to move a distribution list from their personal address book, to the public address book. They get the error message; "Can't move the items. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again."
    The distribution list has more than 300 names in it, I am curious if outlook is not only trying to move said distibution list but if it is trying to move all the contacts at the same time. If this is how it is can someone please tell me the simplest way to divide up the distribution list into smaller lists?

Thanks,

The second occurs, (for all users) when going into the public address book there is a distribution list again, and when you try to double click on it and open it for editing, it gives this error message; "Can't open this item. There is not enough memory available on the Microsoft Exchange Server computer to perform this operation. Contact your system administrator." But out Exchange server is running with 4 gigs of memory, and when I watch the system resources it is using maybe 512 at any given time, and the four processors are only running at about 2% ish, with one occasionally spiking.

Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Wolfe
    [snapback]168[/snapback]

Originally posted by RyanHanger@Nov 30 2004, 02:22 PM
    I have corrected this exact problem on a client's machine by deleting the mail profile and then re-creating it.* It is definitely a problem on the client-side due to file corruption.
    [snapback]465[/snapback]
    I know this post is old, but perhaps someone might see this new post reply....
    Question: - what if I have this same PF dist list issue on my system, also with 4G RAM and multiple procs.
    With Outlook 2003, the client produces this error - however with the same login/mailbox - the same user can open the DL just fine from Outlook 2000?

Thanks to anyone who could shed some light...
    Many thanks.

Cool

I had encountered the same error, without finding any information whatsoever on the whole www.

Luckily , I just resolved the problem with the following steps:

1. open exchange administrator on your backend server
    2. go to administrative groups->your admin group->folders->public folders
    3. go to the public address book and switch to the "Content" tab
    4. OWA will open and you can doubleclick the DL in question
    5. You will be told that there are unresolved entries in the list and that you will have to delete those from the list in order to be able to send to this list
    6. remove the unresolved entries (marked with an X)
    7. click "Save&Close"
    8. Go back to your outlook and verify that the DL can now be opened

I hope this helps not only me but some poor admins on the hunt for information on this error message.

Happy exchanging! B)

Stephan

Mentor
    Thanks for the headsup, I hope he has already fixed this issue.