I've been thinking of creating a monthly or quarterly OpenFree newsletter. Something short, nothing more than would fit on a single 8x11 page when printed.
It would serve a number of purposes:
- Discuss new events / developments on the forum.
- Act as a reminder for less active members to keep in touch.
- Provide some additional community spirit.
- If you don't want to receive them, you can opt to not receive emails from the administrator in "My Profile".
There are some counter points to this:
- The email could be viewed by the recipient as spam
- The forum RSS feed works in a similar, but passive, way.
What do you think?