I voted no, since the only benefit I could see is a reminder to inactive members.
Yes - Newsletter only
Yes - Inactive user reminder only
Yes - Newsletter and reminder
I've been thinking of creating a monthly or quarterly OpenFree newsletter. Something short, nothing more than would fit on a single 8x11 page when printed.
It would serve a number of purposes:
- Discuss new events / developments on the forum.
- Act as a reminder for less active members to keep in touch.
- Provide some additional community spirit.
- If you don't want to receive them, you can opt to not receive emails from the administrator in "My Profile".
There are some counter points to this:
- The email could be viewed by the recipient as spam
- The forum RSS feed works in a similar, but passive, way.
What do you think?
I'm with outlaw.
LinuxVillage - The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !
No IT BS !!
Ditto here, I see these newsletters as a "oh yeah thats right, I have a user on that board aswell" which in the long run wont make me participate more than I used to anyway...
Don't worry Ma'am. We're university students, - We know what We're doing.
'Ruiat coelum, fiat voluntas tua.'Datalogi - en livsstil; Intet liv, ingen stil.