Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Small Networking Issue

Thread: Small Networking Issue

Hybrid View

Small Networking Issue

I have set a FreeBSD server up on our work network with apache, samba, qmail etc etc and everything works fine. The router which it directs to for the network is 192,168.0.1. Which I have setup in the rc.conf.

Now I want to take it home and connect it to a single windows XP PC, so I can do some development at home.

Problem is the XP PC won't find it.

Do I need to set the FreeBSD server up as a router, gateway or DHCP or all of the above?

Cheers Downtown

What does "the XP PC won't find it" means?

You are unable to ping it? You are unable to use a particular service?
    You cannot see the shares?

is the Windows PC on the same subnet?
    My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive.

Are you using a crossover cable? If you are connecting for one to the other w/o a router/switch then you probably want to use one.
    arrogance breeds ignorance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.