Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

System Down

Thread: System Down

System Down

My home system has been down since Thursday (11/30/06) due to the winter storm that has hit the midwest. I'm in the St. Louis, MO area, first we got rain, freezing rain, sleet and then snow. Now all hell has broken out.

Tree limbs are falling all over the place breaking power lines throughout the metro area, including some parts on the IL side. It started with over 500,000 without power but now around 300,000 without.

Last I heard from the local electric company, it could be another 2+ days before all have power. I hate this, we just went through a power outage last July and mine was out for about 2 weeks.

Let us pray!
    Microsoft aims to 'borg' Yahoo in $44.6 Billion deal
    "We are Microsoft. Resistance is futile"

That's not a good sign. Especially as the worst of winter is yet to come.

Well the good news is my power is back on today since noon time. But my internet provider is still down or at least for my area of town.

This is one reason why I hate winter time, causes too much pain besides cold!

So, how are you getting access to the Net? Starbucks?

My sites:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    So, how are you getting access to the Net? Starbucks?
    thats what i am wondering too
    telnet mtrek.game-host.org 1701

I guess I didn't mention earlier, i'm currently at work!

Well finally got internet access back up, also got an early Christmas present. My new AMD64 self built system. One problem with the 160gb hard drive. Bios only see 32gb.

Any suggestions on fixing this?

Thnx.

Mentor
    BIOS configuration is most likely. Check that its set to the right access mode.

CP
    Last edited by CP; 12-09-2006 at 12:17 AM.

Good Guru
    Or the BIOS update. Some older BIOS won't see larger drives. Why not reset the BIOS to default value and go from there. Let the BIOS pick up the hardware.

Oh BTW, I heard the storm was pretty bad. They are talking about suing power company like they can do much better.

- The truely community run Linux/Floss forum !

No IT BS !!

Thnx everybody. It was the jumpers set wrong from MFG I guess, but reset them and now everything going fine.

Compunuts, yes the electric company did do a piss poor job. We had one last July and my power wasn't back on for 2 weeks. this time mine was off last Thurs(nov. 30th) and didn't come back on till Sun. (dec. 3rd) and tempeture was around 20s.